The Perham boys’ cross country team won their home invitational on Thursday with a score of 70 points. Lakeville South placed second with 85 points and Bemidji was third with 97. West Central Area finished fourth with 116 points. They were followed by Moorhead 146, Park Rapids Area 173, Fergus Falls 206, Nevis 254, DGF 275, Little Falls 283, Bertha-Hewitt 296, Pelican Rapids 318, Ottertail Central 363, Minnewaska Area 392, Wadena-Deer Creek 395, Frazee 412, Parkers Prairie 458, New York Mills 584.
Full results can be found at https://www.gsetiming.com/results/cc_rslts/cc_rslts.asp
What a fantastic day to be running in Perham. Great weather, great competition, great fan turnout.
"The Perham boys and girls really showed out in front of their home crowd today at Arvig Park," said Perham Head Coach Jeff Morris. "It all started with close 200-300 Mighty Mite elementary runners taking on the course in Perham. In the boys Junior High race, the boys finished 2nd, 18 points behind Moorhead. The jackets put 4 in the Top 15 lead by Henry Mathiason 4th, Nathan Rustad 9th, Lyam Schumacker 14th, and Matt Jorgeson 15th overall. In our JV races both our girls and boys had really strong finishes. Dylan Guck led the JV boys with a 2nd place finish running a personal best of 18:11.
Jakob McCleary of the Yellowjackets won the individual race with a time of 15:51.252, well ahead of runner-up Ethan Starfield of Lakeville South at 16:31.25. Isaac Martel of Moorhead was a close third at 16:31.268. Alex Salwasser of West Central Area was fourth with a time of 16:34.890. Rounding out the top ten were Alberto Fuentes (16:35.179) of Lakeville South, Charlie Larson (16:42.174) of Pelican Rapids, Kade Runge (16:42.328) of West Central Area, Caden Doll (16:52.354) of Perham, Bryce Kondos (16:57.885) of Bemidji and George Bjorklund (17:01.252) of Nevis.
18. Jaden Miller 17:12.166, 33.Jack Welde 17:50.156, 47. Conrad Lobb 18:07.156, 49. Luke Schroeder 18:12.163, 59. Logan Bredenberg 18:26.166, 65. Matthew Tuel 18:43.131, 68. David Ronnevik 18:50.241
“The boys ran really well coming off a hard week of training,” said Fergus Falls Head Coach Derek Meyer. “Jaden Miller placed 18th, ran his personal best and an Otter Top 15 all time performance. Jack Welde, placed 33rd, continues to improve and is really coming on strong at the right time in the season. Our top 5 pack was rounded out by Conrad Lobb, 47th, Luke Schroeder, 49th, and Logan Bredenberg, 59th. Logan had a great race today dropping 26 seconds for his personal best, he has closed a gap on our 4th runner and made our team stronger. Our top 7 was rounded out by Matthew Tuel and David Ronnevik. The boys ran really strong today, they continue to gain much needed experience. They are so young, and with each race they are gaining momentum and confidence. In the JV, Tommy Erickson placed 15th earning honors on the podium. This was a solid race from Tommy and his 5th personal best time in a row. In the Junior High race, Kadyn Zender placed 11th, continuing his consistent success in placing in the top 15 at a meet.”
1. Jakob McCleary 15:51.252, 8. Caden Doll 16:52.354, 11. Micah Thompson 17:01.448, 13. Bjorn Anderson 17:02.651, 37. Carter Flatau 17:55.631, 40. Brayden Glorvigen 17:59.213, 46. Blake Swenson 18:06.276
"Jakob McCleary took the reigns early on and never looked back," said Coach Morris. "He ran a season-best 15:51 winning by 40 seconds. Caden Doll, Micah Thompson, and Bjorn Anderson all posted top 15 finishes. Caden Doll with every race is gaining experience and it shows today with a 16:52 personal best finishing 8th overall. Micah was 11th and Bjorn Anderson 13th overall. Carter Flatau also posted a personal best of 17:55. The biggest surprise of the day was from Brayden Glorivignen, Blake Swenson, and Dylan Gurck who all 3 were right at 18:00. It is awesome to watch these 3 drop times each meet and gain confidence."
West Central Area
4. Alex Salwasser 16:34.890, 7. Kade Runge 16:42.328, 28. Shad Swanson 17:43.203, 36. Roman Mihailovschi 17:53.175, 41. Eli Bergman 18:03.789, 63. Peyton Hanson 18:35.503, 81. Noah Olson 19:18.163
48. Isaac Scherfenberg 18:08.245, 67. Blake Alonzo 18:49.109, 76. Talyn Setterholm 19:10.209, 83. Jonas Hegemeister 19:23.191, 91. Kyle Tierney 19:31.182, 97. NoahMansker 20:23.812, 102. Nathan Russ 20:31.503
The boys were led by a duo of seniors, Isaac Scherfenberg with a season's best of 18:08, and Blake Alonzo also with a season’s best of 18:48. Talyn Setterholm with a personal best of 19:10, Jonas Hegemeister 19:23 and Kyle Tierny with a personal best of 19:31 rounded out the scoring 5.
“We ran today without two of our top four runners which affected us in the team score, but we are leaving this meet with 16 of our 24 that ran with either a season's best or personal best. We had a group of 8th graders run their first 5k today and it makes me very excited for their futures on this team,” Coach Brady Speicher said. “On the varsity side we need to work on finishing races strong, championship season starts soon and we have to have the mentality that nobody gets by us in the last 800 meters of a race. The guys set a goal of repeating as conference champions and we definitely have a chance of doing that but it is not just going to happen because we are wishing for it, we have two more weeks of hard work to put in.”
6. Charlie Larson 16:42.174, 54. Grady Larson 18:15.678, 78. Connor Larson 19:15.175, 104. Parker Sanchez 20:45.140, 108. BradyPetznick 21:00.222, 110. Sam Moe 21:07.l984
15. Nathan Johannsen 17:03.789, 96. Brady Borah 20:14.109, 100. Alex Helmers 20:30.245, 106. Cael Pausch 20:52.238, 107. Jonah Sharp 20:58.207, 114. Jayden Keeping 21:34.238, 115. Skylure Lehman 21:43.397
16. Brady Rach 17:06.707, 64. Preston Miller 18:37.682, 71. Zach Baumgartner 18:52.100, 72. Isaac Blashack 19:02.156, 73. Titus Eckel 19:04.182, 74. Aden Rach 19:05.116, 87. Zane Guderjahn 19:27.323
24. James Suchy 17:27.156, 99. Riley Kortenbush 20:26.245, 116. Isaac Grabow 21:44.557, 119. Ross Kortenbush 21:55.104, 122. Evan Washburn 22:07.187, 126. Justin Koehn 22:29.113, 132. Andrew Sansness 23:23.941
United North Central
90. Riley Livingston 19:29.113, 129. Wesley Hodge 23:02.140
27. Chandler Gray 17:38.207, 50. Joe Wilson 18:13.109, 56. Owen Winter 18:19.175, 60. Oliver Jesme 18:29.198, 82. Josh Finseth 19:21.245, 84. Carter Julin 19:23.241, 92. Louis Gaytan 19:40.229
43. Bjorn Brunsberg 18:04.209, 45. Lane Hoefs 18:06.245, 94. Phillip Ross 19:54.187, 103. Grant Nelson 20:31.734, 123. Trevin Kern 22:12.691, 125. Eric Malone 22:28.863
New York Mills
111. Aiden Tumberg 21:20.135, 124. Breck Hensch 22:25.791, 127. Austin Geiser 22:59.234, 131. Bryan Bohn 23:19.234, 134. Jerron Witt 23:56.550
121. Michael Uselman 22:06.859